CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – Senior Jessica Harmon's seven-point night, including a hat trick, paced Suffolk women's soccer's offense in a 6-1 victory at Pine Manor Monday night.
SCORE: Suffolk 6, Pine Manor 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (6-6) | Pine Manor (3-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk scored a trio of goals in each half with the Rams leading 3-0 after the first 45 minutes to lock up the 6-1 non-conference victory.
- Megan O'Regan got the scoring going with the senior being set up by classmate Harmon. Harmon lofted a corner kick from the left side and O'Regan headed the rock into the netting just 9:20 minutes into the action. The tally, which gave Suffolk a 1-0 edge, was the first of the season for O'Regan.
- Harmon put her own goal away 1:56 later with an unassisted strike. She picked up a loose ball from 30 yards out and connected for her first goal of the year.
- Fellow senior Alexandra Nagri got on the scoresheet with an unassisted mark of her own. The co-captain picked up the ball on the left side and beat the defender. Nagri's ninth goal of the year, which came in the 23rd minute, gave the Rams a 3-0 lead that they would take into the locker room.
- Out of the break, Nagri connected again with another unassisted strike. This time, she picked up a loose ball outside the box for her 10th goal of the year.
- Harmon sandwiched her final two goals around a Gators goal by Alexa Leon (El Centro, Calif.). Harmons' second strike of the day was an unassisted put back in the 59th minute with her final goal coming with just 1:23 remaining in regulation.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Julia Fieldsend turned aside two attempts to improve to 5-4 on the season.
- Chiara Celis (Yucca Valley, Calif) and Feven Bedard-Khalid (Miami, Florida) each took the turf for Pine Manor. Starter Celis suffered the setback with a four-goal effort, while Bedard-Khalid made six saves in relief effort.
- Suffolk held advantages in every statistically category: shots (33-3), shots on goal (16-3) and corner kicks (6-2).