The Lesley women's basketball team was defeated 95-62 on Tuesday night during their home-opener. Pine Manor's Erica Jones was the leading scorer for the Gators with thirty-five points and celebrated her thousandth career point at Pine Manor. Theresa Pereira and Dakota Jones were the leading scorers for the Lynx with fifteen points each. Dakota Jones posted an impressive double-double grabbing fifteen rebounds as well. After trailing by seven at the half-way mark, the Lynx were not able to hold-off the Gators in the third quarter,being out-scored thirty-five to fifteen which turned out to be the deciding factor in the final score. Lesley drops to 0-5 on the year, while the Gators of Pine Manor improve to 2-3.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Erica Jones led the offensive charge in the first half, recording 18 points shooting and impressive 8-13 from the floor during the first two frames.
- Kristan Giunta added to Pine Manor's offense with eight points and seven rebounds throughout the first two quarters.
- The Lynx trailed 27-16 after the first quarter, but were able to close the deficit before the end of the first half. Theresa Pereira and Abby Henderson led the Lynx back into the game with each adding 13 points in the first half. The first half closed with the score 38-31 in Pine Manor's favor
- The Gators regained momentum in from the start of the third quarter. Jones continued her fine play adding eleven points to her first-half total of eighteen.
- Shaneka Monroe to extend to hit a jumper to extent the Gator's lead to 62-45 late in the third-quarter.
- Elizabeth Portante and Dakota Jones kept the Lynx in the game with sixteen rebounds and fifteen points combined heading into the fourth-quarter.
- Shaneka Monroe displayed tenacious effort in the fourth-quarter for the Gators finishing with a double-double for the game (12 pts 11 rebs).
- The Gators finished the game with a 44.8 shooting percentage (39-87) and had 20 steals defensively in the game and forced 39 turnovers.
- Lesley finished shooting 33.3% from the field (18-54) and out rebounded the Gators 51-49.
The Gators next game with be on Thursday 11/30 vs Wheelock College at 7:00PM
Recap Courtesy of Lesley Athletics