CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The Pine Manor women's basketball team eclipsed the 100-point mark for the first time this season as the Gators ran away with a 114-57 win over Vermont Tech at Brunelli Court on Thursday night.
The win pushes Pine Manor's record to 8-12, while Vermont Tech falls to 7-16.
The Gators took advantage of strong defensive play as they score 43 of their points off of 36 turnovers by the Knights.
- Junior guard Shaquanda Middleton (Savannah, Ga.) had a career night as she posted career highs in points (29) and assists (11). She also flirted with a triple-double as she recorded seven rebounds.
- Sophomore Taylor Martin (Merritt Island, Fl.) and junior Erica Jones (Atlanta, Ga.) also posted a double-doubles. Martin had 27 points and 11 rebounds, while Jones dished out a game-high 12 assists to go along with 21 points.
- All six players who played for Pine Manor had double-digit scoring nights as senior Tiana Jordan (Boston, Mass.) had 13, while junior Siera Robinson (Acworth, Ga.) and sophomore Kristina Giunta (Boston, Mass.) had 12 apiece.
- Martin was also a major factor defensively coming away with five steals and blocking six shots.
FOR THE FOES
- Senior Paige Wells (Orleans, Vt.) led the knights with 24 points on 10-for-18 shooting. She completed the double-double with a game-high 15 rebounds.
- Freshman Doireann Chesbrough (Burlington, Vt.) also hit double-figures with 18 points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Pine Manor shot 55.7 percent (44-for-79) from the field, while holding their opponents to just 39.3 percent (24-for-61) shooting.
- The Gators dominated down low outscoring Vermont Tech 43-15 in the paint.
- The hosts led nearly wire-to-wire with Vermont Tech's last lead came at 5:44 at 8-6.
Pine Manor returns to action next Tuesday, Feb. 7 as it travels to Colby for the final road game of the season. Tip off is set for 6 p.m.
The next test Knights is on Saturday, Feb. 4 with a trip to Great Bay C.C. at 1 p.m.