CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The Pine Manor men's basketball team doubled up Vermont Tech in the second half to lift the Gators to a 98-67 win at Brunelli Court on Thursday night.
The win improves the Gators' record to 15-6 and drops Vermont Tech to 11-14.
Both teams started off slow, shooting less than 40 percent from the field. They went into the break tied at 36. The shooting improved for Gators in the second half as they went 22-for-41 (53.7 percent) from the field the remainder of the game to pull away.
- Junior Taverick Roberson (Pittsfield, Mass.) led all scorers with 29 points, with 19 of those coming in the second half.
- Freshman Rasheed Bell (Boston, Mass.) was the only other Gator to reach double figures as he picked up 12 points in just 13 minutes of play.
- Sophomore guard Erick Rosario (Lynn, Mass.), who had a triple-double against UMass-Boston, flirted with his second triple-double in as many nights. He had nine points, nine rebounds, and a game-high eight assists.
- Rosario's eight assists matched the total assists by the entire Vermont Tech team.
FOR THE FOES
- Freshman Deitric Grant (Vicksburg, Miss.) was the only player in the game who recorded a double-double. He had 12 points and a game-high 15 rebounds.
- Junior Cameron Carter (Atlanta, Ga.) had a team-high 22 points.
- Freshman forward Daniel Gill (Charlotte, N.C.) scored 18 points off the bench.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- After going into halftime tied at 36, Pine Manor doubled Vermont Tech's scoring output for the remainder of the game (62-31).
- The Gators got great contributions from the reserves outscoring the Knights 41-18 in bench points.
- The game featured four ties and eight lead changes, however, Vermont Tech never led by more than one.
- The Knights outrebounded the Gators 53-52.
- Pine Manor has now won three games in a row.
Pine Manor will try to extend its win streak on Saturday, Feb. 4 when it hosts Fisher at 1 p.m.
The Knights are also in action on Saturday, Feb. 4. They travel to Great Bay C.C. for a 3 p.m. tipoff.